By clicking on the following links, you can access sample configuration instructions with graphic illustration for your email program. Please remember to substitute your Venue Communications, Inc. POP3 account name for the sample account name used.
- Business Class Email Hosting Help
- Generic Instructions
- Outlook 2000
- Outlook 97
- Outlook Express
- Eudora 4.3/5.0
- Netscape Messenger
- Pegasus Mail
Note: For email programs not listed above, please see your program's documentation for configuring a POP/SMTP account. You will use the same server settings regardless of the email program you use.
Note: An example account name was used through the instructions. Please substitute your Venue Communications, Inc. POP3 email address information for the account used in the instructions.
The example email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
The example domain is: yourdomain.com
1. Start your email program.
2. Find the Options/Accounts menu where you can input a new account. Look for key words such as your incoming/POP3 Server or outgoing/SMTP Server.
3. Go through the steps to add a new account to your email program, so that whenever you check mail using this email program it will check your Venue Communications, Inc. POP3 email account.
4. When you are asked to enter specific information regarding your new account, use the following as a reference:
- Your Name: Enter your name as you'd like it to appear in the From field on your emails
- User Name/Account Name/Subdomain/Alias: Enter the whole email address (email@example.com)
- Email address: Enter your Venue Communications, Inc. POP3 email address
- Incoming/POP3 Server name: mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing/SMTP Server name: mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing mail server requires authentication
- Password: Enter your Venue Communications, Inc. POP3 account password
Recent security enhancements require authentication when sending mail. Under your outgoing mail server settings choose to authenticate when sending email. If asked, the method of authentication is MD5 Challenge-Response.
5. If you are unsure about what to enter in a specific field within your email program, please contact us. Please include your email program name, your operating system, your domain name, and the areas that you are unsure about so that we can help you solve the problem.